November 2023-Oakland, CA
Merritt was excited to host our annual Partner’s Celebration event at BuckWild Brewing Company in Jack London Square this month!
We gathered with our partners and colleagues from across the state to celebrate and reflect on the last year and our combined impact.
This year we honored three Partner of the Year awardees:
Developer of the Year: Eden Housing, Inc
We appreciate Eden Housing for their long-term partnership with Merritt, working on meaningful projects.
Property of the Year: Christian Church Homes’ Harrison Street Senior
Thank you to CCH for your work assuring residents are safe and thriving in their communities!
Investor of the Year: BMO Bank
Thank you to BMO Bank, formerly Bank of the West, for the continued relationship. We look forward to more years working together!
We enjoyed the opportunity to connect with our partners and acknowledge the hard work of our property staff, developers, project partners, and investors along with our Commitment to California initiative partners. It was exciting to see everyone enjoying the evening!
Thank you to our Commitment to California initiative partners and participants for attending and the amazing work in 2023.
- Merritt Scholars and Merritt Scholar Mentors
- CHAM & Merritt: Asset Management+ Cohort
- California Coalition for Rural Housing (CCRH): Internship Program & Emerging Leaders Fellowship
- California Housing Partnership: Equity Policy Research Fellowship
- Housing CA: Emerging Leaders Program
- LISC’s Housing Development Training Institute (HDTI)
- Non-Profit Housing Association (NPH): Bay Area Housing Internship Program (BAHIP) and Emerging Leaders Peer Network (ELPN)
- Southern California Association of Non-Profits (SCANPH): Project Manager Mentorship Program
- SDHF: School of Affordable Housing
2023-2024 Merritt Scholars
Thank you to our hosts, BuckWild, and to Stephanie with De La Creamery for providing us with delicious ice cream!
Finally, thank you to the Merritt Staff for your work and dedication to affordable housing!
We look forward to another year of collaboration, partnership, and impact in 2024. We can’t wait to see everyone at our celebration next year!
About Merritt Community Capital Corporation
Merritt Community Capital Corporation is a nonprofit dedicated to our mission to provide equity capital for affordable housing exclusively to California. We do this by partnering with mission-aligned affordable housing developers throughout the state to ensure the most critical communities are developed and maintained for low-income residents. Since 1989, Merritt has created and/or preserved 11,000 affordable homes, through investing over $1.2 billion in 26 separate funds, providing housing for over 29,700 people.